Easy DIY vase decor - Crate Paper

2017/04/05

Hi! Today I am going to share with you some easy easter/spring decoration ideas. With this tip you can cheer up your easter table but you can also use it later as spring home decor. I used two regular jars and turned them to pretty vases. It happens many times that I don’t have the right size of vase, so jar can be a good solution for the future. I thought I would create a lasting decoration around the chosen jars. I used the lovely Crate Paper - Maggie Holmes Chasing Dreams collection for my project.


First of all I chose a few patterned papers and acetate, then I cut strips, wide and narrow ones as well. I placed the papers top of each other and adhered them. On the acetate belt I scattered phrases stickers and added a Fringe Butterfly in the middle.



On the other one I placed a cute bird from the 12x12 Chipboard Sheet and a lovely yellow flower sticker. I wanted to keep the decoration simply so they don’t distract the attention from the bouquets.



Because the belts are made from paper, they can be damaged easily while changing the water, so I made them removable and reusable. I actually trim them shorter then the diameter of the jars, so I punch a holes in the end and fix them with eyelets. Then I tied them with pretty ribbons. That way they got extra decoration and they can be removed, stored and reused as many time as you want.




Supplies:
I can’t wait to be spring! These two bouquets of flowers will make time pass easier. I hope you like today's post. If you have some free time try to use your scrapbook supplies for home decor as well. It will be great fun! Flóra

Post a Comment