Mothers and daughters - Crate Paper

2017/05/09

Mothers and daughters scrapbook layout created with Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Chasing Dreams collection. | by floramfarkas


Hi Ladies! This time I created a Mother’s Day themed project. It’s a little bit different, as in the photo you can see my Mom, me and my niece who became my goddaughter on 7th of May. That day we celebrated Mother’s Day in my country as well.


The starting point of my layout was the Palm Springs paper from Crate Paper Oasis collection. I really love the color combination of that paper and luckily it was fit to my photo perfectly. I was happy with my paper but also in a trouble, without any ideas. As I wanted to use the First Place paper from Crate Paper - Maggie Holmes Chasing Dreams collection, I have just started to fussy cut some of the prize ribbons and rewarded ourselves.


While I was placing the ribbons here and there, I got the idea of using matching embellishments on the yellow, pink and teal strips. I pulled together all the coordinating Chipboards, Stickers, Die-Cuts and Buttons from Chasing Dreams collection. I find many embellishments, only yellow seemed to be not enough so on that area I added gold elements as well.




I love how this page turned out. I always like to use lots of pretty decorations but with the matching color technique the result is not bussy at all. I encourage you to try it with your favourite paper, because it’s a tons of fun to create it. You don’t need to think a lot, just pick and glue the pretty embellishments all over your paper.


Supplies:

Thanks for stopping by today! 
Flóra

Post a Comment